Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Valley Green And Growing - After Rumi

"Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find
all the barriers within yourself
that you have built against it." - Rumi

Love, there is a valley,
green and growing.

There, flowing waters
erase the painful past
and birds willingly sing
all the songs your heart
has never known.

Let the weary world
play out its dramas
in the lives of others.

Refuse your part;
reject your role.

Do not lightly
accept direction

Escape with me to a place
where we may become
the unlikely incarnation
of each other's dreams.

It exists, love;
it can still be done.

This requires merely
a moment's courage;
demands only
that you forget what was
and chance what might be.

Believe that you are worthy.
Know that this is possible.

My arms await your body;
my heart awaits your soul.

A valley green and growing
with waters fresh and flowing.

Come to me, Love.
I am waiting.
- mce

No comments:

Post a Comment